Video games have never been so much fun before the gaming hardware. You can have the most exciting time when you have a virtual setup that makes you feel like you are actually immersed in the game and playing it for real. The most exciting ones of these are the racing hardware that consists of a steering wheel and pedals. Let’s do the Thrustmaster T150 review.
Gaming hardware can be very heavy on our budget but if you are looking for the best budget gaming hardware then you have hit the right place. We did the amazing Thrustmaster T150 review gaming system and discussed its calibration guide in detail in case you are a beginner in the virtual gaming world. Without any further delay let’s get started.
What is Thrustmaster T150?
The Thrustmaster T150 is the most suitable gaming wheel used as steering for racing and is highly compatible with PlayStation 3, 4, and your PC. The steering wheel comes with a pair of pedals for an ultimate realistic feel while you play.
Thrustmaster T150 is very on the budget. It is more affordable than its mates yet incredible in performance. T150 is a complete gaming set with high-quality steering wheels and sturdy pedals. While playing with T150 you will feel as if you are actually driving your car at a thrilling high speed.
If you are new to the gaming field then trying an expensive steering wheel is recommended. As you learn you make mistakes and in the case of technology it may cause some issues in the machine, you will be disappointed in the end for spending lots of money on it. If you buy a cheaper and top-notch model like the T150 then you will be satisfied that you learned the most out of it. Even if it gets out of order due to consistent experimentation and exploring, the low price won’t get heavy on your head.
- 1080 degree wheel
- Force feedback equipped
- 2 pedalboard
- The drive type is with belt and gear
- Compatible with PC, PS3, and PS4
The overall quality:
When you hold it in your hand, you will feel the weight. Yes, it’s heavy but not too much. You can carry it easily but cannot hold it for too long, the weight will make you feel tired. But since you don’t have to carry the weight all along and adjust it near the PlayStation or PC then it’s alright.
The wheels and pedals are made of fine quality plastic that gives a perfect look and firmer grip while you enjoy your race. The wheels are very good and strong but the pedals are a bit different from them. Pedals seem to be lighter in weight and are not as strong as the wheels. But as they are for beginners and amateur gamers they are not expected to be like the more advanced and professional models and are just fine.
The pedals, despite being robust, might pose one issue with the grip. Even if you have fixed the pedals properly and have non-slip flooring, still you will feel the pedals move and slip as you put pressure on them while playing. The issue can be resolved using a wheel stand as it holds the pedals in place as you press the accelerator and brakes forcefully.
The wheel is a bit different from the original one and obviously, you are not actually sitting in a car that has real pressure and engine running. While sitting in your living room in front of your TV or PC, the Thrustmaster T150 force feedback is actually amazing. It gives you a real-life feeling, not exactly the same but very close to it as if you are actually on the road. The feedback force gives you a smooth experience with a good amount of resistance.
While discussing the quality of the T150 Thrustmaster, a very important point is the sound or more appropriately the noise. As most of the gaming hardware and steering wheels produce some annoying noise while playing when you move the handle or steering, this is not the case with T150. You will not hear any buzzing or humming sounds as the steering wheel grinds round and round. This means you can play at home with family around as they won’t be disturbed by it at all. If you want to hear the voices of the game and race you can use a headset.
You will be impressed with the quality of T150 when you will know that the amazing packages with incredible features are offered at super affordable rates. It might have some loopholes but the great price value justifies the top-notch quality. If you are thinking of an even better Thrustmaster model and you are able to bear the weight of expensive value then you can have a look at the Thrustmaster T300 RS.
Let’s talk about the features in detail.
The design: Unlike the other gaming models that come with lots of buttons, switches, and a number of different functions which are quite tricky to understand and require frequent reading of the manual for appropriate usage, the T150 is a bit different. The T150 Thrustmaster is very simple to understand and use. With minimum buttons and easy functions, you will learn it in a single go especially if you are an amateur.
The steering: The steering wheel is highly flexible and moveable. While you sit and play for hours, you will not feel the fatigue or neck strain. While playing you can adjust the steering wheel from 270 degrees to up to 1080 degrees according to your comfort and game type. The steering wheel has a body of plastic which sounds ordinary but actually, it is a good one. With a cheaper value, the steering of this material and quality are the best.
Force feedback: Gaming wheel T150 comes equipped with a force feedback property. The force feedback allows you to have a real experience of the thrilling drive while you are actually at home playing a game on your PC.
The only motor in the steering puts force on the wheel in a single axis that allows the wheel to rotate. The adjustable and supportive force feedback provides maximum smoothness to the rotation effect so you can turn the steering wheel easily with the least effort.
Belts and gear: As the force requires a medium to travel from the motor to the steering wheel. For this purpose belts and gears are used. Belts are preferred over gears as they are observed to be smoother. The Thrustmaster T150 consists of a combination of gear and a belt in order to connect the motor and the wheel. Almost all of the gearing systems are granular type and uneven teeth, same is the case with the T150 gear but the belt is used to smoothen and soften the wide granular feel of the gear.
The Pedals: The pedals are made up of plastic and are of delicate nature which gives you an ultimate low-resistance feel. You will feel like a real-life heroic racer with the flimsy pedals. Since the pedals have a lower level of resistance, you can switch between the accelerator and brakes again and again with minimum friction and a great quicker response.
Versatile incompatibility: The T150 Thrustmaster is highly compatible with two models of PlayStation such as PS3 and PS4 and also gets along easily with your Personal computer. You can enjoy the pleasurable experience of PlayStation as well as the PC without any need to buy a separate one for different platforms.
How to calibrate Thrustmaster T150?
As the Thrustmaster T150 is simple in operating and functioning, it is not difficult to use. You will easily understand the buttons and wiring system if you read the manual carefully and follow it.
What is important to know is how you would calibrate the Thrustmaster T150 on PS3, PS4, and PC. The setting and adjustment methods are different and vary according to the platform you use.
How to set up Thrustmaster T150 on PlayStation?
For setting up the Thrustmaster T150 with the PS4, you have to follow these easy guidelines.
- First of all, you have to go to the power settings of the PS4.
- There you will see an option of ‘keep applications suspended’ which would already be selected, you have to unselect it. Since you have to connect the T150 first before you play the games. The ‘keep applications suspended’ mode will not allow your console to sleep and every time you turn on your PlayStation device you will need to restart the game. After deactivating the option, you can further connect your T150 with your PlayStation.
- Now the actual work begins, connect the Thrustmaster T150 to your PlayStation by plugging it in. The wheel will begin spinning, sit back, and allow it to rotate before you go for the next step.
- Now rotate the wheel and bring it to the center. As soon as it gets to the center, you have to press and hold the two buttons at the same time, share an option button.
- The light present on the steering wheel will change its color which indicates that the wheel has been successfully attached and then you let go of the two buttons you were holding before.
- Now your PlayStation and Thrustmaster T150 are ready to give you an incredible gaming experience.
How to set up Thrustmaster T150 on PC?
Calibrating the Thrustmaster T150 is not a difficult task. The procedure is almost the same as PlayStation, you just need to follow these simple steps and there you go ready to win the race.
- Before connecting the T150 to the PC, in the first step, you have to open up the control panel of the Thrustmaster and select the Test Input tab. After selecting the test input, you have to adjust the angle of rotation to 1080 degrees.
- Then in the second step, switch in the steering wheel and plug it with your USB. As you do this, you will observe the wheel start spinning. As it spins, allow it to do it and complete action before you go for the next step.
- Now, bring the steering wheel to the center by rotating it and simultaneously press the share and options button. You will notice the wheel light change its color. This is a signal that the wheel has adjusted effectively. As you get this signal you can release the hold of the two share and options buttons.
- The wheel has been set up and you can now cruise the roads for a thrilling race experience on your PC.