If you are a videographer or a filmmaker, you might already know what a DJI assistant 2 is, but if not, we are here to give you a complete guide about it. Starting from the very first, DJI stands for Dà-Jiāng Innovations that is a Chinese company. The literal meaning for its name is Great Frontier Innovation.
DJI Assistant 2 is a software that helps you access some additional options and settings for all the DJI devices. It can be a drone, camera or gimbals and DJI assistant 2 is going to help you for all of them. You can upload all the data from the flight of your drone and even access the data in the black box by this software. Measuring the vision sensors of your device and upgrading the firmware is also accessible if you have this operating program on your windows/pc or even mac computers.
You can practice to fly the Mavic drone with this software and even test the parameters of the drone flight. You can easily download it on your computer in just a few minutes followed by quick installation and that’s it. Now you are ready to go.
If you either have Phantom 4 or DJI spark, this software has the same version so you can use it for both similarly.
What Can you Do With DJI Assistant 2
If we talk about the latest versions, it has many additional features as compared to the older version. Overall, the following are the components that you get with the system
- You can update your firmware
- Data can be uploaded onto the drone
- Access to the black box is available
- You can make calibration of the flight
- You get a simulator
- There are wifi settings available
- You can easily restore it to the factory settings
You can’t use the DJI Assistant 2 software on your cellphone as it is only for windows/pc or Mac version computers. If you compare it to the DJI Go 4 app, we can say that these are totally different except one similarity. Both of these software, DJI Assistant 2 or the DJI Go 4 app can be used to update the firmware. There is an additional feature in this database for Mavic Pro, Inspire 2, Phantom 4, and Phantom 4 Pro.
How To Download and Install DJI Assistant 2
- First you will have to download the software from their official website.
- Now open the executable downloaded file by double-tapping it.
- A pop-up will appear asking if you want the application to make changes to your device, click yes.
- A button saying Next will appear, click it to create a desktop shortcut.
- Now click the install button and wait.
- The software extraction file will appear and install will start.
- Click Finish to complete the operation.
How To Best Use the DJI Mavic
- For best practice, we suggest you remove the gimbal guard and propellers.
A micro USB cable can work perfectly for so use that to connect your Windows pc or MAC with the Mavic Pro quadcopter.
Now, open the application of DJI Assistant software.
- Go to the Mavic Pro icon and double click it to open.
- Sign up if you already don’t have an account, but if you do have, log in to that DJI account to connect to the internet.
DJI Assistant 2 Black Box
Black Bx will be used to save all the flight logs of the drone into your pc. Not just the quadcopter data, but also the remote controller data can be updated by this. If you notice some weird flying of the Mavic Pro or crashing, you can still analyze the information saved in the black box.
- Click on Black Box and click the Save To Local icon.
- Select the location and name the file.
- Now data export will be started from the Mavic Pro black cox into the software.
- Wait till the export is completed.
Calibration of The Vision Sensor
Here you will analyze whether your vision sensors of the Mavic Pro drone are working properly or not. This calibration step is important so you should know how to perform it. If any vision error occurs in the quadcopter while in air, you will have to fly it back to you because there is no other option. You will have to start by opening the software on your Windows or MAC computer.
Also, make sure that the batteries are preferable to full, or at least 50% while calibrating the vision sensors. Start the calibration process on the DJI Assistant 2 software after connecting your Mavic Pro. You will have to move the Mavic pro away from your computer screen st some point. Start matching the blue boxes and blue corners all around the screen. The computer will save the information after automatically calculating the calibration.