Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming Motherboard
The Asus ROG Strix B450-F gaming arm of the ASUS brand has become one of the go-to brands within the PC gaming industry, loved for his or her styling and performance.
Covering the RGB base, which is vital to several people in 2018, the ROG logo lights abreast of the CPU Power Phase cooling, while there’s backlighting on the southbridge heatsink.
There’s also a pair of ASUS Aura Sync connections on the board for RGB lighting strips.
The ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming has everything you would like to create on a budget or load with high-performance components to game within the big leagues.
- Powered by 2nd generation AMD Ryzen AM4 and 7th generation Athlon processors to maximize connectivity and speed with dual NVMe M.2, USB 3.1 Gen2, gigabit LAN and up to 64 Gigabytes of DDR4 (3200 Megahertz)
- 5 Way Optimization with Auto-Tuning and Fan Xpert 4 automatically tailors overclocking profiles to your unique build for maximum OC performance and dynamic system cooling
- Aura Sync RGB lighting plus 2 additional RGB headers provide a nearly endless spectrum of colors with the ability to synchronize effects across an ever-expanding ecosystem of enabled products
- Pre-mounted I/O shield ensures streamlined installation and represents ROG’s attention to detail and quality
- Industry-leading 8 channel HD audio with the ROG exclusive Supreme FX S1220A driven by Japanese capacitors. Operating System Windows 10 64 bit. Audio Feature including optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel, Sonic Radar III, Sonic Studio III + Sonic Studio Link
- ROG Strix B450 Gaming series provides a feature set distilled from the high-end ROG Strix X470 Gaming series that provides you all the essentials for a well-balanced build.
- With ample power to fuel Ryzen’s cores, plus cooling, storage, and connectivity options for a variety of hardware.
- A host of design touches, customization options, comprehensive validation lists, and therefore the most diverse ecosystem of components within the industry make building and personalizing a gaming rig with ROG Strix B450-F Gaming wonderfully easy.
- The ROG Strix B450-F Gaming motherboard features firmware controls and software utilities crafted for all skill levels, making first-time setup, tuning, and system maintenance simple.
- With options from overclocking and cooling to managing network performance and audio characteristics, you’ll configure your ROG Strix gaming build to perform the way you would like.
Design and Storage
The board itself is matte black with shiny black stenciling around the PCI and chipsets, with ROG-related slogans, like the Republic of Gamer, Hybrid, and a few characters from languages aside from English.
It’s worth noting this design is additionally on the rear of the board in grey, but unless you happen to possess a case with a see-through motherboard tray, this isn’t something you’re getting to see once the board is installed. you may want to read more about trending ultrabooks in 2021
The ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming just like the ones before it may be a fresh motherboard with updated design elements. At this point though, we don’t have a heat-sink to hide up the highest M.2 slot as seen from the higher-end Strix model.
The layout is modern and arranged a bit like its bigger brother. Fan header placements are excellent too and everything else is usually great. As for the VRM, ASUS appears to use a 4+2 power phase design with a doubler IC.
Strix B450-F Gaming looks the part and features a lot more of the fashionable features that the typical user will expect. RGB lighting on both the integrated IO shield and Chipset heatsink. it works perfectly with all the best available gaming headset if you need some extra spice.
AURA SYNC RGB LED strip headers, dual M.2 sockets supporting 2242 to 22110 drives with both supporting NVMe and therefore the primary slot also enabling SATA M.2 support.
Combining all this on a PCB that appears much more just like the other models within the Strix range and, on paper a minimum of, the F may be a very attractive prospect.
The ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming motherboard shares an equivalent UEFI layout with the remainder of ASUS’ latest releases. That said, if you’re coming from a recent ASUS board, then this interface should feel right reception.
There are 8 main menus to settle on from, with the Advanced mode offering the simplest settings to tweak your setup.
Compared to let say, an Intel B360, the B450 chipset allows CPU overclocking. a worth-added feature that we actually love about AMD’s mainstream offerings.
The EZ system tuning is where you’ll probably check out most of the time and it’s great in the least. ASUS provided a plethora of features here so it’s a fitting interface.