Table of Contents
ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 Review
The ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 may be a DOCSIS 3.1 modem – the most recent technology being offered by cable providers.
It’s perfect for things like 4K Ultra-HD video streaming and computer game gaming! Plus, It has 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports! The Arris sb8200 target SB8200 is compatible with major US Cable providers like Comcast (Xfinity service by Comcast) Cox.
Today’s connected home demands speeds much more powerful than ever. For a good quality sound experience have a review about Polk audio PSW 10 review.
- Compatible ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 with major US Cable Internet Providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers
- DOCSIS 3 1 Cable Modem best for cable internet speed plans up to 2 Gbps. Note, a 2nd IP address is required from your cable internet provider to reach 2 Gbps
- 32 downstream x 8 upstream DOCSIS 3 0 bonded channels, 2 downstream x 2 upstream OFDM DOCSIS 3 1 channels
- Two 1-Gigabit Ethernet ports thus (Note, a 2nd IP address may be required by your cable internet provider to activate 2nd port)
- Cable internet service Does not include Wi-Fi and does not support cable digital voice service
- Approved for use on COX Cable and Comcast only
- Charter and others are PENDING approval
- Capable of the fastest download speeds available from cable providers
- DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem – the latest cable modem technology
- ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 has 32 download x 8 upload channels
- Perfect for 4K Ultra-HD Video Streaming and Virtual Reality Gaming
- Ideal for Gigabit+ speed packages offered by cable providers
- Two 1-Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6 Internet browsing standards
- ARRIS is the worldwide leader in Cable Modems
Compatibility and Performance
Arris SB8200 may be a relatively new device, but it’s compatible with the main Internet Service Providers, like Comcast (Xfinity service) and Cox, while Charter. In other words, Time Warner, and Bright House should also add it to the compatible modems list during a short period of your time (pending status).
As always, ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 before purchasing this cable modem, you would like to form sure it’s compatible together with your ISP (you could verify their website for a full list of compatible modems or simply call them).
Since the Arris sb8200 setup SB8200 comes with some novelty features, additionally, you would like to make sure you really need such a tool which it’s (or will be) suitable for the info plans that your ISP can provide (1Gbps or more, when it become available).
Get the best laptops locks for good security.
The hardware installation process of ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 is straight-forward: use coaxes to attach the modem to the cable wall outlet, a coaxial cable to attach the SB8200 to a router or computer PC, and therefore the power adapter to power up the device.
Moreover, if the activation process isn’t done automatically, you would like to contact your service provider to activate the modem (to check if everything is functioning properly, just open a browser and sort a legitimate URL).
You can also access the merchandise Information (displays software and hardware-related information – Standard Specification Compliant, Hardware and Software version, the MAC address.
Much less the Serial Number and therefore the Up Time), the Event Log, the Addresses (displays the Serial Number and therefore the HFC MAC Address), the Configuration, and therefore the Help sections. Get a review of the amazing scepter e255b 1658a monitor of 2020.
Inside the case, Arris sb8200 firmware update has equipped the SB8200 with a Broadcom BCM3390 chipset (a much-needed change from the SB6190’s Intel Puma 6 chipset).
3 GB of RAM, 128MiB S34ML01G200TFV00 Spansion non-volatile storage NAND, and 16 MiB Macronix MX25L12805D SPI NAND non-volatile storage.
The SB8200 should be ready to handle downstream bonded channels up to 32 SCQAM or 2 OFDM. Its upstream bonded channels up to eight SCQAM or 2 OFDMA.
As you’ll see, there’s a little asterisk symbol that clarifies that the DOCSIS 3.1 standard supports 5+ Gigabit.
So, this is often a transparent indication that the ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 can go up to 2Gbps, but only through link aggregation (some may argue that, within the future.
The modem particularly, may support 2.5Gbps on each port, so it could technically reach the advertised 5Gbps, but, no, the interior hardware doesn’t support it).
If you’re taking the last four modems released by Arris (from the older Arris SB6141 and SB6183 to the newer, SB6190 and therefore the latest SB8200).
You’ll hardly notably tell them apart since all of them just about share an equivalent design. Arris sb8200 manual doesn’t seem to require to vary the planning formula.
So, the ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 features an equivalent white, plastic case, covered by a matte finish (does not retain fingerprints).
Both models have taken the difficulty of overheating very seriously. The Netgear of arris sb8200 review is totally covered with small triangular cut-outs.